Our popular cooking classes resume in July 2017 in our new, on-farm kitchen! Join our mailing list to receive the new schedule and other updates!
Frinklepod Farm School of Wholistic Cookery
Why wholistic cooking? Our approach to cooking focuses on preparing and eating food while using whole, unprocessed ingredients and being mindful of the effects of what we eat on our whole health, the health of others, and the health of our whole planet.
In these classes, you will learn how to cook simple, delicious plant-based dishes using whole foods and seasonal produce. Gain the confidence to cook with whatever ingredients you have on hand, learn how to make pantry staples, and discover new recipes and techniques for every occasion.
Each class will include your hands-on participation in the creation of a multi-course meal, which we will enjoy together at the end of the evening. We will use the highest quality ingredients, including organic produce from our own farm. You will leave with a packet of recipes and the inspiration to continue your cooking journey at home.
Classes are currently held at The New School (38 York St./Route 1) in Kennebunk, from 6:00 to 9:00pm, unless otherwise noted. (Note: Beginning in the summer of 2017 our classes will be hosted in our new on-farm, professional kitchen!)
Each class will have a topic which will help guide our exploration of the world of plant-based eating. We'll prepare a full-course meal highlighting local, organic produce utilizing a variety of techniques, and finished with a sweet ending, and enjoy it together at the end of the evening. BYOB.
FALL 2016/WINTER 2017 SCHEDULE. Sign up for the individual classes of your choice.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 - Simple Meals for Busy Lives (with a few snacks & treats thrown in too!) $40
- Thursday, Thursday, Nov. 10 - Holiday Feast/ A Kind Thanksgiving $40 Twists on traditional favorites to celebrate the holiday season.
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 - The Cheese-Free Kitchen $40 How to create scrumptious food without dairy cheese, and an introduction to artisan vegan "cheese" making.
- NEW!! Sunday, Feb. 5 - Two part class (sign up for one [$40] or both [$75]).
- - The Meat-Free Kitchen (10am-1pm) $40 Answer the question "but where do you get your protein?" with these dishes featuring a variety of plant-based proteins.
- - Sweet Treats (1:15-4pm) $40 Have a sweet tooth? Wondering how to avoid sugar overload around Valentine's Day? Want to share yummy treats with your family and friends? We'll make a wide variety of simple and delicious recipes and send you home with some of everything.
- Please note: While neither of these classes is exclusively gluten-free, the majority of the recipes are.
- Our next round of classes will begin in the summer of 2017, in our NEW on-farm commercial kitchen!
Please Note: All of our classes are free of meat, dairy, eggs, and refined sugar. If you have any food sensitivities or allergies, please let us know when you register.
Additional classes will be added based on demand. If you are interested in participating but cannot make the scheduled class times, please let us know!